Thursday, December 24, 2009

Listen Up! Creator Speaking!

I notice the usual folderol apparent around this time of the year regarding the manger-scene in the Town Square, as if I needed any defending from the nay-sayers who insist that I don’t exist or that I am no different from Confucius or Buddha or Allah...or that Jesus Christ was/is not my Son or that His ministry never happened in order to reconcile Me with what I have created. In the words of a well-known fictional character often quoted at Christmastime – BAH-HUMBUG!

My identification appears on your public buildings and even on your money, whether printed or cast in metal. I appear in the foundational documents of your nation and have been referenced by the leaders of the United States in every generation, not that I am happy with all I have seen throughout your history and am seeing now, for that matter. As did the Israelites of old, you disappoint Me in your arrogance on a daily basis but I have exercised mercy regarding you, whereas I meted out harsh judgments regarding them. I scoff and laugh at the silly claims concerning your changing of the climate cycles I have set in motion, for instance, but I am longsuffering though I will not abide fools forever.

I hear the whining of those who demand My absence from your public life ostensibly to foreclose offending those who either say I do not exist or that I am just one among equals with regard to the “deities” and must not be given a place of prominence. I say to you that if I am so insignificant as to neither exist nor exercise preeminent power, what’s the beef? What harm do those who believe in Me bring to you when they worship Me as Creator and remember the birth of My Son? Would you prefer an equal national obeisance to Allah, whose jihadist followers have pronounced a fatwa against you, the infidel?

I have watched you sinking in your pathetic acceptance of crudity/aberrancy as normal, calling it “diversity” or “unisex” or “gender-neutralism” or “political correctness” or “multiculturalism” or some other equally laughable entity and have experienced cosmic revulsion as a result. You get My drift if you’ve ever been seasick for a week. As My Son said through John the Revelator to the angel of the church at Laodicea, I am about to spit you out of my mouth.

I see your churches – multitudes of them full of the living dead – peopled by those who call Me “Father” but are too penurious to care for their brothers and sisters in need. I see them and, of course, at this time of year think SCROOGE for those whom My mention of the “tithe” would offend, and simply PHARISEE for the rest...those who would remove Me from the public square while worshiping their own God – Mammon. As My Son also said through John to the angels of the seven churches in then-Asia, REPENT!

In your halls of administration, legislation and courts I see duplicity, deviousness, downright deception. I see the haggling and the sellouts that are so devoid of shame that they are trumpeted in the media as their purveyors posture in their pretentious press phalanxes, gloating with regard to either winning by the numbers or by the trickery. I see a populace either so ignorant or apathetic, or both, that it puts up with these charlatans, yawns and simply marks their perfidies down to “business as usual.” For their part, many of the solons parade their infidelities, whether adulterous or otherwise. Can you imagine a cosmic gagging, for instance, when a senator sets up his mistress in Washington and places her at the public trough?

So...listen up at this Christmastide! As I said through My prophet Isaiah to My people in the long ago, bring no more vain oblations to Me. Either mean what you say or say nothing. Either do what you profess or profess nothing. Let us reason together. If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land; but if you refuse and rebel, you shall be devoured by the sword. Never have I blessed a nation such as I have blessed you. Satisfy the ways of wickedness at your peril, remembering Sodom and Gomorrah. As I thundered through the fire, smoke, lightning and earthquake at Sinai, obey the ten rules...or else.

And so it goes.
Jim Clark

No comments: